söndag 6 december 2009

Why I believe in ghosts and Santa Claus

I sometimes say that I believe in everything.
There was a time when I did add: "except for astrology". But I've stopped adding that. Okay, I believe in astrology too. A little.

And I believe in ghosts, and dragons, and fairies, and... Santa Claus. I did see a tiny Santa in a kitchen closet when I was a kid, that experience may have influenced me.

But the main reason why I believe in all that stuff is this:
I believe in God.
Or, rather, I believe in an Intelligent Being as responsible for the whole universe. Call it God, Goddess, Allah, Jehovah or whatever you like. It's not important.
The thing is, IF there is such an Intelligent Being, capable of creating this entire universe, then this Being would also, without the slightest doubt, be capable of creating ghosts, dragons, fairies... and Santa Claus. And since He/She has put the image of these forms into our minds, it's most certain that they are all part of Creation, at some place and time or another.
And it's possible that this Intelligent Being would fancy dividing human characters into twelve categories, such as the elements of the Zodiac.

Now, there still is one thing, or rather one entity, that I do NOT believe in: the Devil, and his dominion; Hell.
I mean, why would this Intelligent Being create a place so terrible, to torment the very children that He/She put into this world? What would be the point?
"The evidence of darkness is everywhere!" some people may say - such as Christians and Moslems (although their 'evidence' will not be the same).
I believe that all evil doings of Man come down to lack of spiritual development. People who do wrong to others still have much to learn - which they will, through a series of incarnations; they/we are not under the influence of a Dark Power.

"But", you may object, "what if this Intelligent Being in fact is... evil, in fact is Satan himself?"
Then my answer is this:
Look around you! Look at the flowers, the birds, the beautiful scenery all around us. Look at the happiness of two lovers, of the father and mother of a new-born baby.
Would an altogether evil Being be able to create all that?
No.

Inga kommentarer: