onsdag 6 maj 2009

The benefit of a cold

Second day of sick leave. Caught a cold. Head heavy like a Metallica song. Boring - also like (most) Metallica songs.
But I found one advantage. I was slouching on the sofa zapping through our one hundred-odd more or less useless TV channels when I suddenly came upon a good song! On MTV... no, that's not possible. It was VH1, actually, they were counting down some pop charts.

At a first glance the song was all disco: up tempo, a smattering of black girls dancing, some beyonceish character in the middle. But... wait! Listen to the drums! Listen to the bass! This ain't no fucking disco!
No, it was more like... I don't know, maybe 50's rockabilly or something. Real music! Made my temperature rise.
What song it was? Alesha Dixon. The Boy Does Nothing. Check it out!

Inga kommentarer: